Tuesday, September 2, 2008

tuesday blues

*sniffs* I am sick. Again.

You know what? (is that like one of the most cliche opening lines or what.. -___-) One of the things I really hate is being taken for granted. Doubtless, with the issue of familiarity, be it friend or family gives one occasional tickets to expect certain favours or understandings in a situation, yet even one should not ignore the boundaries of courtesy.

Don’t get me wrong, its nice to be trusted (or am i?) but even one as worthless as me feels offended at being used every so often without a please or thank you. And hell if you think I’m not open minded enough to take in occasional blunders.

I resent not being taken seriously.
I resent being taken for granted.
I resent being somewhere and be miserable.

Its ridiculous how one can feel when you’ve denied an invitation due to earlier engagements or perhaps in favour of more pressing matters only to be shrugged of with a “Oh, at least I tried” and then ignored after that. Its probable that you will not even be missed of you did not attend.

How depressing is that?

Superficiality seems to be so common nowadays. I’ve been living in it for some time now, occasionally making an appearance just to make myself believe I actually have a social life. And of course to remind people that I’m still alive.

Sometimes it’s so difficult to know who’s real and who's, for lack of a better word, plastic.

Saying that, there are those who’d stuck with me through thick and thin. The ones whom I’ve learned to trust. The ones who I actually enjoy being with. The ones who make me happy just by being there. You guys are so awesome that being with you reduces my need for chocolate and ice-cream, which is saying a lot if you actually understand the extent of my addiction…

Those actually liking me for the way I am, thank you.
Those liking me because of my looks I have nothing against you.
Those treating me as if I’m not worth a shit, fuck you.



Its time to get tough.



And no, I’m not emo-ing despite the perverse attraction of it. Something simply happened today to remind me how hard it is to be yourself sometimes. Smiling and nodding while viciously backstabbing each other. Just back off, can? Trust me, you do not want to know how much of a bitch I can be.

Mehh. I can’t eat chocs with my friggin sore throat.




ps. and yes. i am THAT vain.

7 comments:

Hurley said...

nice picture, I suppose that's rambo's kid. =D

SherryMint said...

nah. its most probably yours.. how cool is that?! =D

Anonymous said...

Look, you're feeling sick.....I don't think that you truly hate whoever it was who annoyed you.

You're just letting off some steam. But think about it...Is it worth it, destroying friendship over the little things ? See the humor out of things, just laugh it out and don't take things too seriously. :))))

You really don't wanna blow things out of proportion and regret it later. >.<

For now all you truly need is a good fruitjuice and sleep... get well soon !

Anonymous said...

Please consider taking down your post, before irreversible damage is done..... >.<|||

Do you truly want to inflict pain and guilt on others ? Nope. I know it's hard to do so, but seriously, it's not worth the trouble.

Sometimes the things that annoy you are just in your head, it's not that way at all. I guarantee you, that no one was trying to insult you, you're merely feeling down from being sick.

Just rest and take things easy... :))))

kheeliam said...

the kid so cute

SherryMint said...

to honeybunny,

well, perhaps you're right. no one hates me. i'm too lovable wtf.

however, if any friendship bonds were broken over this, perhaps it'd be better to remain as acquiantances then as i feel that this is too much of a trivial thing. my friends would understand that this is merely a phase in my life and the person in question already knows what i think. and the rest.. well, they already know how much i love them.

secondly, as u already noticed, i was SICK. and i felt like ranting. and this being a personal blog - its kinda the point right? if i cant even rant on my online diary, do you expect me to bug other people with my whining and pointless ranting? and if you think this could cause 'irreversible damage', perhaps you should read more blogs seeing that i think this can be considered quite mild by comparison. especially since i refrained from using excessive foul words. =D

and yes, i'll drink more water >< thank you!

have a nice day ok?

Johnny Ong said...

that baby pict is really cool